â€˜Sensitive skin careâ€™ is governed by a few basic rules. However, even before we delve into the rules for sensitive skin care, itâ€™s important to understand what a sensitive skin is. Sensitive skin is one which is unable to tolerate any unfavourable conditions (environmental/other), and which easily gets irritated on contact with foreign materials (including skin care products). For this reason, some products are especially labelled as sensitive skin care products. The degree of sensitivity can however vary from person to person (and depending on that, the sensitive skin care procedures vary too).
Generally, all skin types respond negatively to detergents and other chemical based products. However, the damage starts generally beyond a defined threshold (or tolerance level). This tolerance level is very low for sensitive skin types, leading to skin getting damaged very easily and quickly.Â Sensitive skin care products either avoid the potential irritants or keep them at very low concentrations.
Here are a few tips for sensitive skin care:
1. Use sensitive skin care products only (i.e. the products that are marked for sensitive skin care only). Also, check the instructions/ notes on the product to see if there are specific restrictions/warnings associated with the product).
2. Even within the range of sensitive skin care products, choose the one that has minimum preservatives, colourings and other additives
3. Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol based and are not recommended for sensitive skin.
4. Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning.Â If you are allergic to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves below the rubber ones.
5. Another important tip for â€˜sensitive skin careâ€™ is to avoid excessive exposure to sun. Apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
6. Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out.
7. Use hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer as a sensitive skin care product (if there is none specifically labelled as a sensitive skin care product)
8. Use soap-free and alcohol free cleansers. Cleanse your face whenever you return from spending time out doors.
9. Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation.
10. Do not leave the makeup on for too long. Use hypoallergenic makeup- removers.
So, sensitive skin care is very different from the normal skin care. Sensitive skin care is more about being careful with your skin (both in terms of sensitive skin care products and protection against environments atrocities on skin).
<a href=”http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com/beauty/homemade-recipes/sensitive-skin.htm”>Learn homemade recipes for sensitive skin</a>.